by Piedmontese chef Piera at L’Infernot Restaurant and B&B
The traditional recipe was inspired by my Piedmontese friend Piera, chef at L’Infernot Restaurant B&B. You might enjoy this recipe on our tours in Piedmont!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 cups of parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 Tbsp of vinegar
- 3 fillets of anchovies
- 1 Tbsp of capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp of EVOO
- Salt to taste
- Wash, dry and chop the parsley finely. The traditional recipe utilizes the mezzaluna [half moon] and not the blender!
- Hard boil the egg and separate out the egg yolk
- Remove the crust of the bread slice, soak the soft part of the bread in vinegar and squeeze it
- Mince the half garlic clove. (If you love garlic use a whole one!)
- Combine anchovies, capers, egg yolk, 2 Tbsp of squeezed bread, minced garlic and parsley and continue chopping them together very finely
- Put this mixture into a bowl and keep adding EVOO until you obtain a fine sauce
- Taste and adjust with salt as needed
This sauce works as a dip for raw veggies or you can use it to top boiled meat, soft cheese or simply a piece of bread as we do in Piedmont. Buon appetito!