Below you can find specific information about the bicycles we use on our tours.
You can choose between our carbon road bike with drop handlebars or our aluminim hybrid bike with straight handlebars.
We always suggest choosing the type of bicycle that you are most comfortable riding normally. Do you use a hybrid or a road bike at home? We do NOT recommend trying a new type of bike for the first time on tour.
ROAD RENTAL BICYCLE
- Frame: Carbon Bianchi Intenso | Sizes 44-47-50-53-55-57-59-61-63
- Drivetrain: Shimano Ultegra or 105 front/rear derailleurs with 50/34 compact and 11/32 cassette
- Tires & Wheels: Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25mm tires mounted on DT Swiss rims or Fulcrum Racing Sport
- Brakes: Shimano Ulterga or 105 either rim or disk brakes
HYBRID RENTAL BICYCLE
- Frame: Aluminum Specialized | Sizes 44-47-50-53-55-57-59-61-63
- Drivetrain: Shimano Altus front/rear derailleurs with 48/38/28 triple and 11/32 cassette
- Tires & Wheels: Nimbus 700x32mm tires mounted on alloy rims
- Brakes: Shimano V-brake
WHAT COMES WITH YOUR BICYCLE
- Water bottle
- Seat bag with CO2 cartridge, valve, tire irons and spare tube
- Garmin 820 or Touring Edge to show you the way (if you prefer to bring your Garmin please do and we’ll upload our routes for you. Remember that you need Italian maps uploaded onto your own on unit)
- Flat pedals for hybrid bicycles
WHAT DOES NOT COME WITH YOUR BICYCLE
- Helmet: If you prefer to rent a used one let us know (rental is $40 per helmet)
- Clipless pedals for road bikes: If you rent a road bike let us know if you need flat pedals, because our customers in general bring their own clipless pedals and bike shoes